Every year we are energised and motivated by the feedback we receive from course participants at Gormanston – especially those that attend year on year. Here are some of the kind words we received at the end of the course.
- “First Time at this course and it has been the most enjoyable and knowledgeable course I have been on in relation to drama.”
- “A great week; thanks to all. Loved being back, after so many years. I checked back, and my last previous had been in 1984. 31 years and Gormanston still works its magic. And Joerg brought his own particular brand of magic to it too! Well done Stage Works! It was magic and growth and fun and closeness and a hundred things more. And it can be had again! I’m all ready for next year. When we’ll get inside the castle at last…!”
- “I returned to Gormanston Drama seven years ago after an absence of thirty years, a little apprehensive, wondering what to expect. I needn’t have worried. There is an aura about the place. In the midst of chaos and hurly-burly, there is a calmness, a sort of peace. It’s a haven from the outside world and hard to explain to anyone who hasn’t experienced it. What you can explain are the friends you make, the conversations you have, the things you learn, the laughs you have, the great moments you participate in, the genuinely nice people you meet, not looking at television, using your phone less, the fellow students, the tutors, the admin staff. The courses are consistently good; you’re sometimes spoilt for choice. I know, I haven’t missed a year since. Roll on 2016.”
- “Gormonston has a unique atmosphere which is linked I think to the surroundings and also the “total immersion” aspect.”
- “Book me in for next year!”
- “It was an incredible experience. I am only sorry I didn’t do it years ago. I learned so much and my tutor Kevin was just amazing and so professional. I would highly recommend this week and will return next year. Sincere thanks to Eamonn, Cormac and all the other people for making my stay so memorable.”
- A superb and memorable week of my life, thank you all so much. The organising team are so friendly and welcoming which was gratefully appreciated given my lack of previous drama experience and first time in Gormanstown.
- “A great week; thanks to all. Loved being back, after so many years. I checked back, and my last previous had been in 1984. 31 years, and Gormanston still works its magic. And Joerg brought his own particular brand of magic to it too! Well done Stage Works!”